Big Hill Silver/Zinc Deposit - Pembroke, Maine, USA
Big Hill may be one of the great undeveloped silver/zinc deposits in the US. The deposit hosts porphyry style Silver/Zinc mineralization that was the subject of four significant exploration programs between 1962 and 1984 culiminating in the delineation of a 24,400,000 tonne ore body grading 43.89 g/t Silver and 1.76% combined Zinc/Lead in the Indicated categories and an additional 150,000,000 tonnes of similar material in the inferred category. The deposit hosts a historic drill-indicated resource of 80,191,101 silver equivalent ounces at today's silver and zinc/lead prices. Maine has historically had difficult permitting laws and as a result Big Hill was never developed into a mine. We believe Big Hill will at some point need to be developed into a mine as it hosts strategic zinc/lead and silver resources for the US. Since NRH acquired the asset in 2011, the state of Maine has made substantial progress in approving a new mining law which will allow for Big Hill to be developed as an open-pit mine.
The Big Hill property is a significant silver zinc deposit situated in the town of Pembroke, Maine. Since 1961 the property has was explored by several publicly listed companies including Dolson Mines, Silver Stack Mines, and Scintilore Explorations. In total over 70,000 feet of drilling was completed as well as geophysical, gechemical, and geological surveys. The results were summarized in a report written by Robert E. Schaaf in 1985.
NRH acquired a land package covering 355 acres which includes the entire mineralized body as well as significant historical data including maps, drill hole logs, assay certificates, and even 2,000 metres of core.
- Acquired in 2011
- 100% Owned by NRH
- NRH owns the fee simple land (355 acres)
- 80,191,101~ ozs Historical Silver Equivalents 1
- Superb Infrastructure - Paved road runs adjacent to property as well as power and water.
- Exploration Upside - Schaff report from 1985 suggests an additional 150-200 million tonnes of inferred material.
- New Laws Proposed in Maine Accommodative to Open-Pit Mining tapping into full potential mineralization of the Big Hill orebody.
- For "Silver Equivalents" resource figure includes both silver and zinc values for Big Hill comprised of 24,407,157 tonnes grading 43.89 g/t Ag and 1.76% Zinc. Ag price used in calculation ($18.08/oz) Zinc price used in calculation ($2,462/tonne). Assumes 100% Recovery.
Big Hill Reserves & Resources
|Category||Tonnes (t)||Ag Grade (g/t)||Zn-Pb Grade (g/t)||Contained Silver (oz)||Contained Zn/Pb (t)||Contained Silver Eq. (oz)||Standard|
Mineral Resources have not demonstrated economic viability and should not be treated as reserves.
See "Cautionary Note Concerning Reserve & Resource Estimates"